BODYLISTENING: A Movement Awareness Practice (MAP) for Everyone
• Body Listening is a body-friendly way to explore free movement.
• The process begins on the floor, exploring your relationship with gravity, attuning to a quiet deep awareness while being held by the continuity and safety of the floor.
• Moving from the body’s felt-sense, habitual patterns unwind and new pathways open.
• The session progresses to standing and moving while maintaining connection with your inner awareness.
• In the last phase of Body Listening, full body movements through space are explored, in relationship to other people.
• Body Listening doesn’t require special training or equipment.
• It doesn’t ask you to abandon the body you have for someone else’s idea of one.
• Body Listening invites you to inhabit the body you are, and discover what unfolds from that awareness.
• It can be done by everyone, regardless of level of health or movement experience.
Throughout the year, in a wide variety of venues, Zuleikha joins together with world musicians and poets to make magic. These performances create a glow of humor, depth and virtuosity. Performance in collaboration is another way of creating community. Crossing the borders of many cultures, Zuleikha has worked with such great world musicians as the late African drum master Baba Olatungi, jazz guitarist Bruce Dunlap, cellist David Darling, vocalist/instrumentalist Jai Uttal, world percussionist Glen Velez, composer/cellist Eugene Friesen, avant-garde composer/pianist Terry Riley, fusionary musician Kitaro, pianist Aaron Stern, master oud musician Rahim Alhaj, Coleman Barks, poet and translator of Rumi, and many others.Read More »