The Health Muse
READ Rithu Bhatia BlogZULEIKHA: An Artistic Approach to Wellness
It’s a phone call I anticipate with excitement. When Zuleikha calls to announce her presence in Delhi, I know I can look forward to several interesting conversations and new learning, over tea and lunch. This American storyteller, dancer and healer travels to several countries to help marginalized communities with her special brand of bodywork, and always has inspiring experiences to recount.
Read More »
BODYLISTENING: A Movement Awareness Practice (MAP) for Everyone
• Body Listening is a body-friendly way to explore free movement.
• The process begins on the floor, exploring your relationship with gravity, attuning to a quiet deep awareness while being held by the continuity and safety of the floor.
• Moving from the body’s felt-sense, habitual patterns unwind and new pathways open.
• The session progresses to standing and moving while maintaining connection with your inner awareness.
• In the last phase of Body Listening, full body movements through space are explored, in relationship to other people.
• Body Listening doesn’t require special training or equipment.
• It doesn’t ask you to abandon the body you have for someone else’s idea of one.
• Body Listening invites you to inhabit the body you are, and discover what unfolds from that awareness.
• It can be done by everyone, regardless of level of health or movement experience.