BODYLISTENING: A Movement Awareness Practice (MAP) for Everyone
• Body Listening is a body-friendly way to explore free movement.
• The process begins on the floor, exploring your relationship with gravity, attuning to a quiet deep awareness while being held by the continuity and safety of the floor.
• Moving from the body’s felt-sense, habitual patterns unwind and new pathways open.
• The session progresses to standing and moving while maintaining connection with your inner awareness.
• In the last phase of Body Listening, full body movements through space are explored, in relationship to other people.
• Body Listening doesn’t require special training or equipment.
• It doesn’t ask you to abandon the body you have for someone else’s idea of one.
• Body Listening invites you to inhabit the body you are, and discover what unfolds from that awareness.
• It can be done by everyone, regardless of level of health or movement experience.
Working from the heart of rhythm, Zuleikha teaches throughout the world. Zuleikha offers participants a chance to explore the open world of feeling through the physicality of movement. Using world music, chant, and poetry, a spacious atmosphere becomes an invitation to commune with one’s innermost feelings. Dance serves as a vehicle to “let go” and enter the wilderness of the spirit. Movement is a means of bringing the deepest intention into being.
Zuleikha often brings live rhythmic accompaniment to her workshops. Dance and drum share the language of rhythm. Humans participate in ceremonies with movement as a means of intensive learning and communicating with the knowings inside.Read More »